- This refers to the processes involved in making batik, starting from the white fabric (mori) until its end result, the batik itself.
- We can divide these processes into two stages, namely:
1.Preparation : processes that are done to the mori so that this white fabric will be ready to undergo further treatment. This involved stages of washing (nggirah/ngetel), starching (nganji), and ironing/flattening (ngemplong).
2.The batik making processes itself, which has three major components:
- Application of wax onto the fabric
- Application of dye onto the fabric
- Removal of wax from the fabric
Next, we will discuss about each stages in more depth.